Monday, May 12, 2008

How I got to Cannes, part 1

I suppose this started a few months ago, when my boss booked the projects. We are doing a movie premiere and a press stunt for a film studio, and the guest list for another client's yacht party. It's kinda cool. Anyhow, my boss produces (designs and oversees) the events and I manage. She figures out concepts and big-picture things, and I basically make it happen. I get things (florals, scenic, staging, lighting, sound, permits, catering, event staff, valet, etc.) and manage them. Manage vendors - make sure everyone's doing what they're supposed to be doing; manage budgets - keep vendors where they need to be; manage timelines - keep things happening on time.... that kind of stuff.

So I've been working on these for a while, along with our other events. We're crazy-busy now. More about that in another post. We're going to talk about Cannes now.

No comments: