Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cannes - Day 3

Well it was a very early morning, but I remember why I love it so much. Quiet, slow and about one-quarter the number of people on the street during the day. Got up early - 6 am - and now it's 1:15 am. I think it's bed time.

I'm not sure what I did. There were pandas and flags, hospitality suites at the Carlton (room serivce too), a lot of running back and forth on random errands, trying to wrap up the last-minute things. One thing is the linens. They were shipped from NYC last week by one of our freelancers. Long story short - didn't exactly work out as he'd planned. The 8 boxes are stuck in Paris at the FedEx customs. We are working it out. Rain plan - there is a 60% chance of rain
Went back to dinner at Papa Ninos (or whatever - I can't remember the name) and it was nice. Pierre bought us kir royales and convinced me to try the special - lamb with white beans in garlic. I don't usually like lamb, but I ordered because I felt obligated. Shocker - it was DELICIOUS. Is the lamb really better here? I AM HEALED!

Load-in starts at 3 am. I will not be there. I will be there for 7 am to go over everything, particulary the linens. Cross your fingers. We set up until 11 am, then lose access to the space for a few hours... continue at 4 pm. Film ends about 9 pm and the party starts soon after. It's going to be a late night. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Karin said...

Thought I would let you know your stunt was the only thing from Cannes on the news yesterday, well that and Jack telling about the twins. It looked so cute seeing Jack marching weirdly with all the Pandas. Elijah would love it if Miss Audrey would bring home a Panda suit.

You sound exhausted though at least they are feeding you well. See we told you lamb exceeded the tasty cute ratio.