Friday, May 23, 2008

Cannes - Day 12 - Last Day

I leave tomorrow. How sad! I am still exhausted, but woke up early so that I could squeeze every last minute out of the day. First I went on a little run. It's kind of funny that I saw only Americans running. There were locals out, but they were swimming, walking, drinking coffee, smoking... seems like a nice life. I just found out that marathon training starts again this weekend. It's not for the LA one though... I think San Francisco. I need to get back into it, though, and figured Cannes is a fun place to start. So I began on the flat Croisette, heading east (away from the main touristy area). I followed a path along the water for about a half mile, passed a beautiful rose garden until it merged into (what appeared to be) a bit of a highway.

None of the roads are very fast here. They're all quite windy and hilly and there are always a lot of scooters, bikes, pedestrians and dogs. Nice going, Ferrari owners. Happy you shelled out for the 660 hp? It's worse than LA traffic. More like Vegas on New Year's. But, again, it's more about appearances. And driving a Ferrari... well, that sure LOOKS hot!

Anyhow, I followed the road for a bit. There are solid sidewalks on both sides. People walking everywhere. I ran along the water for a bit, then the road curved left, inland. It's turning back towards my hotel, so I followed it some more... took a few pics along the way, stopped for water, explored a couple of residential side streets that took me way up to the top of the hills. Yeah, that was more walking than running.

Then after another turn I found myself back at the top of my street and cruised the last hundred meters to the hotel.

Gotta go to lunch - pics to follow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Audrey,

What an incredible trip and what a wonderful accounting for the rest of us stuck here at home! Thanks for finding moments here and there to snap those pictures - especially those of the food!! The bakery and cheese shop pix were beyond yummy. I may just make a poster out of that bakery shot! Have a safe trip home and I can't wait to see your 'personal pix' that didn't make the blog.

Didja' get me that Panda suit like you promised . . . . .????