Monday, May 12, 2008

Cannes - Day .5



Hotel is not the quality I was expecting. Kinda like a National Lampoon’s European Vacation – 2-star, very basic, nothing fancy like artwork or hand towels. Shocked. Thought I had the biggest bed in the world, but it’s just 2 twin beds pushed together. And they have separate sheets and blankets so I can’t easily sleep diagonally as I normally do when I have the bed to myself. A/C is broken. Front Desk doesn’t know how to fix it and won’t let me switch rooms. Room service stopped 3 hours ago. French Customer Service. Hmmm. Wireless internet comes up quickly on my computer, but the Front Desk can’t find the password. Whoohoo. My normal alarm clock (my cell) doesn’t work here, so I have to trust the hotel’s wake-up call. I’m a little nervous about that. I’m not going to sleep at all.

Good news is that there is a mini bar. I enjoy Pringles and a bottle of some generic white wine. It’s the most delicious thing in the world.

Hotel is http://www.cannes-palace.com/ - looks boutique-y online, more like a Best Western in reality. More to come on this.

No comments: