Monday, May 12, 2008

Cannes - Day 1




It's overcast and about 70 degrees. Everyone's rushing to put up the final items for the fest before the Croisette closes and it's pedestrian-only.

I have to get to a meeting, but here are the highlights:

1. It's a holiday here so lots of stuff (including room service... huh?) is closed. It was also a holiday on Friday. Today is celebrating end of Lent. Friday was WWII Victory Day. Really?

2. EVERYTHING is one giant billboard. Every hotel has movie posters and banners and promotional items stuck to the outsides, in every imaginable position. The Carlton was beautiful. Now it's gross. Keep that stuff in Vegas.
3. I changed rooms. Yippee. Pics to come. The drapes match the bedspread, which in turn match the carpet. That level of coordination is pretty impressive.
4. I got 2.5 hours of sleep last night. Apparently I haven't adjusted as well as I thought I would.
5. It appears that Cannes is 9 hours ahead of LA, not 8 as I originally thought. That lost me another hour of blogging. :)

No comments: