Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cannes - Day 2





What a great day! I don't have a lot of time, so here are some points. I'll come back later and edit. Hung out most the day with Kris, Christine and Allison (my posse - they're a good bunch - more to come).

1. Weather getting so much better!! I won't jinx by saying anything else.

2. Found cutest pizza place a block from the hotel. It's called Papa Joe's (or something) and the owner (Pierre, with wife Natalie) has a sister in L.A.... she owns Le Petit Four on Sunset Plaza. Small world? He has a fun downstairs "private lounge area" for friends. Said we could use it. Used to be a brothel-type place for "bitches" (his word).

3. Panda suits delivered and set up at the tent. I want to keep one, but am not sure if it will fit in my carry on. Press stunt in the morning.

4. Dinner was at Pizza Cresci. Very popular place, way at the other end of the Croisette, past the Palais, near the marina. Pizza didn't look that good and got a "C" rating from a co-worker. I got a recommended pasta - noodles with mushrooms and "bacon sauce" (how did I not know there was such a thing?). It wasn't my favorite meal, but it was prety tasty. Fresh pasta.

5. Sound check at the pier for the stunt. New song for the movie - by Ce-Lo (sp?) is catchy and will be in my head for the next 2 weeks.

6. We have decided to rent scooters if we have a free moment. It looks like a blast and traffic is not that fast here. Cars are amazing. High-end Italian cars like you wouldn't believe. All stuck in first gear in the Croisette traffc. Ha.

7. Hotel decided to start offering a little customer service (very little - the room service is still only good noon-2). Actually turned down my room and left an adorable little light-up teddy bear (with a bottle of Voss) on my desk.


8. Can't find Jack Daniels at any of the obvious places (mini bar, hotel bar, local bars). Need to switch to Johnnie Walker for the duration. Not too bad.


9. Paparazzi is in town en masse, and the foreigners are flooding in. It was so peaceful before. Now the Croisette is down to 2 lanes of thru-traffic.


9. Got 4 hours of sleep last night. This is good.

1 comment:

~N said...

How am I the first person to respond, "Bacon sauce?! Omg, I think I just imploded with desire." We must alert Jim Gaffigan.