Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dubai - Day 1

Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow! This place is crazy. First, we had to navigate through the airport. No big deal there - all signs are in English. Customs/Immigration and baggage claim were super-smooth. No troubles to speak of. We then went to Hertz and picked up our rental car - a Toyota Fortuna, which is basically a Forerunner. Nice ride. It's the same side of the car and road as in the U.S., so I decided to drive. Chris navigated. It's a little tricky getting out of the airport, and Chris isn't a skilled co-pilot, so it took us about 20 minutes to get our bearings, check my bberry's GPS (which, btw, my bberry is the BEST thing EVER - cuz it also saved me from Verizon's crappy phone service). Anyhow, we eventually made it to the hotel and (long story short?) checked in. We also did some work stuff - met up with the hotel contact, checked out the event site, printed out some docs. My room is awesome. Actually, Chris and Roman said their rooms look identical to mine, so I think all the rooms are pretty darn cool. They all seem to be mini-suites.

1 comment:

Chris Carrington said...

In my defense, I am only a bad navigator because the streets aren't labeled clearly. Take one wrong turn, and you end up in Abu Dhabi.