Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Heathrow 8 hour layover




Off the plane and straight to a pub... for lunch! We chose a cute place called Huxleys, in the new(ish?) British Airways' Terminal 5. Food was not at all what I wanted... all choices too heavy. I chose the smoked salmon and cucumber sandwich, with a green salad on the side. Better choice than the hamburger, roast beef, full English breakfast, fish and chips.... wow. Food was dismal. But - hey - it's an airport. I hope the real London food is better. **note - dessert was bread and butter pudding with clotted cream of some description - it was AWESOME (and calorie-free I'm sure).
We are hanging out at the restaurant, enjoying the free wifi, blogging away. My co-worker, Chris, has started one too -
www.cgcarrington.blogspot.com - and will be on the Dubai portion with me. He brought a 18-200 mm lens for his Rebel and is planning to get some good shots.
Here are a few shots of where we are now.





4 comments:

Andy said...

I am jealous. I don't get to go anywhere for my job. Oh, wait, that's not entirely true. This afternoon I get to go to the Wells Fargo Bank at Beaverton Town Square to deposit a PAC check. I could live blog that! Would you like me to post some pictures of the parking lot at Fred Meyer?

Unknown said...

Andy,

If you get to film Fred Meyer's, then I get to film Nordstrom's (my new job!) Maybe I could start yet another reality show where we build-up to apprehending yet another shoplifter!

What a deterrent! (no, not really)

Unknown said...

yahoo Aud- you are 1/2 way around the earth- steer clear of the fish and chips!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah- I'm keeping your laptop.