Monday, May 18, 2009

Running


I have the Camp Pendleton Mud Run on June 6/7 and the Seattle Rock-and-Roll Half Marathon on my birthday, June 27th. Anyhow, I have to get some runs in so I will be ready and Cannes is a BEAUTIFUL place to do it. My hotel is 2 blocks off the Croisette, which is the street that lines the beach and has all the hotels and Film Festival stuff. They shut down the street for the festival, so it's like the Vegas strip with people everywhere - smoking, drinking, being annoying. After about 8 am there are too many people out there and it's impossible to even walk, much less run, so I try to get out by 6 or 7. End to end, the Croisette is almost a mile. We walk it a few times each day, but the morning runs are my favorites. I run past the Palais (the festival HQ), past the famous La Pizza, and curve along the water on the sidewalk. Then it starts to get busier on the Croisette, so I hop up to the rue de Antibes (the big shopping street) and head back to the hotel). I wear a Garmin 305 to track my runs and stats... Here's a little map.....


No comments: