Friday, June 13, 2008

Camp Pendleton Mud Run June 7, 2008








Did the Mud Run with Rob, Lee and a couple of Rob's co-workers. SO MUCH FUN. 10k, which equals about 6.6 miles. It was at Camp Pendleton, near San Diego. We woke up at 4:30 am, left by 5, and met up with his friends at the Oceanside Dennys. Grand Slam for breakfast, then up to the site to park for the race.



Had no idea what to expect - have never done anything like this before - and it was fantastic. Apparently it's the same track the marines train on (but they wear their utilities and boots). We ran (and walked) over hills, mud pits, and several 5' high mud-covered walls and through a lake (water up to my shoulders!) and a few fire hoses. CRAZY. I've attached a course map, but it's misleading... I don't see my lake-crossing on there. Too muddy to bring my camera, I was only able to get a couple before and after shots. We are doing this again next year fo' sho'!!!


Here's the website. I didn't win, nor did I come in last. http://www.camppendletonraces.com/mud_sat.html

No comments: