Sunday, October 12, 2008

LAX Range

Today Gordon and I went to the LAX gun range which, as you can imagine, is near LAX. We've been there a few times in the past couple years and had a good time. Today we rented a sig gsr 1911, shared a lane and 100 rounds (bullets) of .45 ammo. We alternated clips - this one was 7 rounds per clip - and had fun with a few targets. BTW, it's $12 to rent the gun, and about $70 for 100 rounds. All in all about $85 for an hour of target practice at our slow pace. I did a few rounds at 21 feet. Awesome. A few more at about 30 feet. OK. A couple more at 50 feet. Not so hot. I went back to the 21-30 feet range. I'm much better at that distance. Check it out...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

My daughter's a gunslinger!

I don't know whether or not to be proud or very very afraid . . . : )

And look at Gordon! Doesn't even hesitate!

You guys tired of Disneyland already for fun?? No more walks on Santa Monica Pier??

You're watching way too much CSI . . .or is it Boston Legal . .???

D and The Boyz

Patrick Sheehan said...

Holy cow! $70 for 100 rounds! I load my own, so I'm spoiled. You're a heck of a shot ... don't get caught with one of those things in Dubai. Have a good trip!